Arborists specialize in pruning, maintaining, and removing trees. They are extremely knowledgeable about the needs of trees and are trained and equipped to provide your trees with the proper care they need. Pruning or removing trees can be dangerous work and should only be completed by a certified arborist.
When you hire an arborist, they will be able to determine the type of pruning necessary to maintain or improve the health, appearance, and safety of your trees. They will look for limbs that:
- Interfere with utilities or structures
- Obstruct streets or sidewalks
- Are dead, weak, or decayed and pose a risk
- Are diseased or insect-infested
- Have been damaged by storms
Although tree removal is typically a last resort, there are specific situations where it’s necessary. An arborist can help you decide whether a tree needs to be removed or not. They’ll look for things such as:
- Significant crowding among trees on your property
- Cracks in the main trunk
- Structural problems, such as interior decay
- If the tree is too large for its location and poses a risk
- The tree is leaning in a dangerous direction
Arborists will also evaluate your landscape and can recommend species that are appropriate for a particular location. The wrong tree in the wrong spot can lead to future problems because of limited growing space, insects, diseases, or poor growth.
It’s important to contact a certified arborist when in need of tree care because an arborist understands many different tree species, and has been trained in the safest, most effective ways to prune, remove, or treat them. At Jones Road Tree Service, we have certified arborists on staff ready to tend to your tree care needs. Give us a call today!